Little girls' Mother's Day dresses

Here's what I've been busy finishing up today:


Twirly dresses for G. and L. to wear tomorrow.  I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out.  My mom sent me the pattern and I was able to use fabric out of my stash for most of them.  The blue knit fabric is left over from a project M. made in her first sewing class, the floral print is from a huge piece of fabric I found at a thrift store, and that just left the little bit of green knit that I had to purchase.  Only having to buy a 1/2 yard of fabric makes for some inexpensive dresses.

I thought the bodices would look a bit plain, so I decided to try out my new skills with my embroidery unit for my machine.  (I recently had a lesson which helped answer a lot of questions I had.)  I had a file for these flowers already on my computer and used thread to match.  If you look closely, you'll notice that I even flipped the image so the dresses are mirror images of each other.  Just because I can.


The only thing I have left to do tonight are the hems.  But take a look at these huge circle skirts:

It's going to take a while to work my way around each of them.  And I'll be doing them on the sewing machine... no way am I doing them by hand.

But really what I want to say is Happy Mother's Day to my mom, who along with my Dad, is really ultimately responsible for all this sewing loveliness, being the major suppliers of machines (and other things) for my sewing habit.

I love you.

And not just because you give me wonderful presents.

I'll try to get a picture of G. and L. actually wearing the dresses since I know that's what you really want to see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain