Change of venue

I would like to say I'm good about remember these types of things all the time, but sadly, I'm not.  Have you noticed that toys that are out all the time, slowly over time loose their appeal?  It's why I try to store toy sets and bring out one at a time and then store them again.  But I can't do this with all the toys.  Some toys, such as our play kitchen sit in certain rooms and get played with occasionally, but for the most part just become part of the landscape and so are ignored.  But, I think I have hit on something that will give the play kitchen new life for a while.  K. actually gave me the idea when he carried some play kitchen stuff out to the play house. 

A change of scene for something can often give it new life and it suddenly occurred to me that it would be incredibly fun to have a kitchen in the play house.  I don't know why this has never occurred to me before... we've had each of these items, playhouse and kitchen, for at least 15 years.  So this morning, B. and I carried the play kitchen and all it's stuff out to the playhouse.  It's perfect for it and I think we will add the play refrigerator this afternoon.  We'll just keep it there for the rest of the summer and bring it inside when it gets too cold.  I'll just have to make sure to scout around the yard each day and make sure the dishes and food are put back inside the house each night.

K. and G. and L. started playing immediately.  G. is in pink and L. is in yellow.







Comments

Stephanie said…
I love this idea!!! If only we didn't have a new puppy I would do the same thing with our kitchen set....so now I'm trying to decide where I can move the kitchen set in our house so it gets played with again!:)

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain