Toddler hipness

I have moments of near brushes with hipness.  This is mainly due to the fact that my older children share hip facts with me and so I have actually heard of them.  Without their influence, I wouldn't even achieve that much.  (I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with my age, as being on the far side of trendy has been a theme throughout my life.)  My little girls on the other hand, seem to take to current trends naturally.  My evidence?  This:


This is G. who along with L. decided to do a little planking.  (In the time it took to get the picture, L. had moved on to other things.)  Don't know what planking is?  Well, the best thing to do is just do a search for it on YouTube, but it seems to be people imitating planks, often while holding themselves by their toes upside-down.  No, I don't get it either.  I am rather taken with the toddler version, though.

And isn't this so much more amusing than (another) rant by me of how parents have lost the knowledge of how to train children? Or one on the difference between discipleship and entertainment when worshiping with children?  Or one combining the two themes?  Count yourselves lucky that I have so much laundry to catch-up on, because that's what's running through my head today.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So who put all the pigtails in G's hair. That along is a cultural statement:)
And BTW, I would like to hear the article on worship versus entertainment when it comes to discipling our children.
Of course, I have been wondering how much "worship" in our churches is just entertainment.
Kim Crawford
thecurryseven said…
The pigtails (or pokeytails as we call them around here) were put in by a 15 year old friend. L.'s head was sporting a matching 'do.

I'll think about writing the post, Kim.

e

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach