Blogging topics

Some of you may have noticed my plea for prompts for blogging posts on the Ordinary Time facebook page. I became rather spoiled in China with huge amounts to write about and now that I am home, it is proving difficult to come up with what I think are interesting posts. I know I can write about everyday stuff, but really how much do you all want to hear about doing laundry and tears over math?

I know that writing about H. is always interesting, but I want to start blending her, her experiences, and her place in our family in with the rest of my children. I never want to single one child out as being more interesting or more difficult than the others, so try to be careful in how I write about them. (I'm quite sure I don't always succeed in this, but I do try.) But since there are many people out there who have either met H. in person or have followed her story and care very much about her, I will keep you all updated. I have decided to move most small updates to the blog's facebook page. That way I don't feel the need to write a full post every time I have something to mention and it helps keep things balanced here on the blog. She will continue to need everyone's prayers as we have started with what I'm sure will become an endless round of doctor's visits as they try to figure out exactly what is going on. I did discover one piece of incredibly useful information today. For bribery purposes, the promise of ice cream won't work, but peanut noodles will. This is very good to know.

I did have some feedback on my question and I will be responding to some of those ideas over the next few days. Thank you! And since my brain fog seems to finally be lifting and my cold gone away, I might even be able to come up with something to write on my own.

Comments

Angie Butcher said…
I really do enjoy reading how you are handling life with a family so large. I generally read blogs where the author is honest about how they are feeling, even if it's a bit raw. I also have enjoyed blog posts that show the reality of your day-to-day life.

Perhaps hints on what kinds of food works well with a large family. A blog on how life has changed from a small family to a large family would be interesting. A blog comparing the behaviors of only children vs children in a larger family would be good.

Thanks! Keep up the interesting posts!

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach