A funny pair

H. and K. are currently best buddies. I think one of the reasons is that they are both at about the same developmental level and can do about the same things. Plus, K. is really good about helping H. to understand what is going on and doesn't mind if she doesn't catch on to the rules for a game right away. (Probably because K. views rules as fairly flexible himself.) They just enjoy each other's company. 

Academically, they are at just about the same point as well, though I think that will be short-lived because I anticipate H. jumping ahead by leaps and bounds as she gains mastery of English. It's a good thing that we tend to have pairs of things already thanks to G. and L. Sometimes it is a little crazy making... such as when both Phonics Fireflies are going.

Aren't these pictures cute? And, I should add, completely unposed. This is how M. noticed them a little bit ago.





On another note, we've been taking advantage of the local movie theater's $1 movies this summer. They are not great movies, but it is a fun and affordable activity. At least it's usually fun. I never have high expectations for most of the movies they show, but today's was possibly the longest movie I've ever sat through. I wanted to cheer when K. needed to be taken to the bathroom. The rotten tomato was Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2. Truly, I have rarely seen a more depressing movie about modern family life. When I came back into the theater with K., I had to chuckle to myself because all of my children were watching the movie with an open-mouthed deer-in-the-headlights kind of expression on their faces. Sorry it this is one of your favorite movies, but family life can be so much more rewarding and adults can be so much more competent than was depicted in this movie. I felt as though I was watching a family from another planet. I could go on, but I'm sure you can imagine what else I could say at this point and save myself the typing. Let's just say that I don't recommend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach