Payback for procrastination

Or I could have titled it, "Holiday preparations." The one I chose is more honest, though. Procrastination is one of my besetting sins (to borrow a phrase from Anne Shirley). I have lost track of the number of times I have vowed to turn over a new leaf and do things right away (or, imagine, early). I know my life would be less frantic at moments if I were to do this, but somehow it just never happens.

For instance, had I kept up with the laundry the past couple of weeks, doing a load or two every single day, I would have saved myself what will eventually be ~11 loads done in a two day period. Or if I had actually thought about what my family was going to wear for Thanksgiving dinner (we do dress up a bit for it), oh, say a week ago, I wouldn't be scrambling for clothes right now. (Thus the need to do the laundry in order to see what everyone has... when the pile gets too big, you just can't fine anything in it.) And routinely, if I didn't let the papers pile up on my desk every two weeks, I know the bill paying would be a lot less torturous.

I need a "Procrastinators Recovery Program", or something along those lines. Has anyone kicked the habit? How did you do manage it? I really, really want to know.

In the meantime, I'll go back to my laundry (the trouble with getting it clean is that it needs to then be folded), and figuring out clothes, and making two pies, and forcing encouraging my children to pick up the house so it ceases to be the mine field that it has become. And you can all head over to this blog:  Adventure 4 Eli + Kai. Because if you do, you'll get to see pictures of Joseph (now Kai) and his new family! Talk about something to be thankful for.

Comments

Lucy said…
I was thinking about Joseph the other day, glad his adoption went through! Is he going to be close enough to you all to visit H sometime?

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain