It's 8:14 and I still don't have a blog post written

Partially this is due to the fact that I think my alarm clock is broken. It went off at 6 am as usual, I hit the snooze button, as usual, and then that was it until 7 am. It never went off again and when I looked at the time, it read 12:30. Something seems to be wrong with it. I don't suppose it could have anything to do with the fact that it's 30 years old. I may be a fast writer, but even I can't whip out a coherent blog post in a couple of minutes, especially since I'm now surrounded by a lot of littles who are all talking to me at once.

So coherence will have to wait and instead you get this. That's probably best since my brain is a little distracted by preparing for the ICHE conference which starts tomorrow. The conference at which I will be giving a presentation. I've spoken on the topic of meal planning to groups before and even spoken about it on the radio, but for some reason, this is throwing my stomach for a loop and giving me stress dreams. I think it's the powerpoint J. made for me to go along with it. Having slides makes it seem like a bigger deal in my mind, I guess. Plus, I'm not great with technology and hooking everything up and getting to the right slide at the right time makes me a little nervous. I'm glad I'm on the first day so I can relax and enjoy the rest of the conference. Why do things always seem like such a good idea months and months away and then really not so much right before it?

Anyway, if you're there, come on Thursday night and say hi. And I'll try not to look like a complete amateur.
____________________

Now for the really important things of life. Here's Brandi, still waiting for her family. Please pray, pray, pray that this sweet and forgotten little girl will finally be able to experience the love of a family.


Comments

Hi from Ruth! said…
I wish you could share your presentation here! Until recently I've been a meal planner, but I'm just tired of it and need some fresh ideas. Of course, the way I'm doing it now is horrid - the day-to-day quest to figure out what's for dinner.

ALl the best on your presentation..the conference schedule looks great!

Ruth (a h/schooling, adoptive mama from Canada!)

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain