New job schedules

Really, what I am going to write is the lack of a new job schedule. We are still marginally operating on the one I made last fall, but it doesn't really work because I have new people in the house and am missing others that are usually here. The jobs really need to be reassigned and I am putting it off.

Why? Well, first of all, it is just not my favorite thing in the world to do. Second, I have this over-abundance of little people plus a few bigger people who function at a young level. None of that is conducive to actually being able to get the house clean. At least not without a lot of supervision. And since I still haven't figured out how to clone myself, I can only help one small person at a time.

So I am avoiding the whole problem by not doing it, which is not a great solution for the skill development of my smaller people or for the state of my house. But it does solve the problem of listening to the whining when people are assigned a job they do not care for.

I guess that I will really need to be the grown-up and tackle this problem this week.

I'm not going to try today, though. A dear friend died this morning after being ill, so it wasn't unexpected, but it still makes me sad. While we will miss her, I console myself with the thought that she and my mother-in-law (who were terrific friends) are now happily spending time together in Heaven comparing notes on grandchildren.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain