So he wasn't really just making a mess

Our first day back to school after such a long break means that extended time for blogging doesn't exist this morning. So, I will do a little show-and-tell of K.'s most recent art work. I've mentioned he loves firetrucks, and he also loves to cut paper and use glue and tape. More than once I've come across him making little tiny scraps with scissors and construction paper, thinking he was just enjoying cutting and making a mess and wasn't really making anything. More than once I've had to stifle my initial response which is to tell him to stop and clean up the scraps, but then remember it's not hurting anything and I can let him cut to his heart's content. And more than once a few minutes later, he shows me something amazing that he has whipped together with all those little pieces that I had thought were just scraps. Such as this firetruck. (You may need to click on the picture to get a better view... it's quite detailed.)


The fireman is sitting up in the top of the firetruck.


And there's even a fire dog.


A couple of days later, A. was making a cake and K. announced that A. should make him a Lightning McQueen cake for his birthday. (Imagine! How out of character.) A. said that she would need a picture first. K. was happy to oblige and immediately whipped out this for her.


It even says, "Rusteze".

I think I may be buying a lot more construction paper. And tape. And glue sticks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach