And the drama continues

Number of days we have lost with our daughter due to the negligence of Illinois: 58

Are you tired of hearing about our home study? I know I'm certainly tired of writing about it. Here's the latest.

I received a call from our placement agency asking our permission that they could share our Pre-Approval document for Tina. It seems that in the requests for more information which were the reasons our home study was sitting on the DCFS desk, our family size seems to be an issue.

Raise you hand if this surprises you.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Since we have too many children in the eyes of the state, DCFS contacted our home study agency who then had to contact our placement agency because... get this...

It would be laughable if it wasn't costing us precious time with our daughter.

They want to know, does China know how many children we have?

I'll pause here while you clean off you computers because I forgot to tell you to put down your beverage.

Evidently that agency which has the power to deny our home study has NO IDEA AT ALL how intercountry adoption works. If they did, they would know that you have to submit an awful lot of documentation to receive Pre-Approval for a child. Argh! So much more that I could say...

I am not quite so calm about the state of things since this last bit of ridiculousness. You all realize there is a very good chance Illinois will deny our home study and we will have to spend time we could be working on the next step to bring our child home and instead spend it fighting Illinois?

I knew it was going to come to this.

I hate being right.

Comments

JL said…
I'm so sorry to hear it's dragging on for you :( I hope they get things sorted quickly.
Amy said…
Grrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous said…
This is so maddening .... Ugh....


I laughed at the

"Anyone...anyone ...Bueler" line...

Very funny.

Elizabeth L

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain