Summer crafts

Life is settling down a bit and time is starting to hang a little heavier on certain younger people. Well, not all younger people. Some children often have more plans than they know what to do with and become easily frustrated when a parent-type cannot immediately help with said plan. That is one reason why I have been impressed with what L. has been up to for the past couple of days.

She was quite taken with the acorns she found while we were up at the lake house and brought back a huge back full. Unbeknownst to me, she also brought back many pine cones.


She has kept herself quite busy making things with them all. I'm not quite sure what she is busy making, but it involves a lot of glue. I think that some of it is making the pine cones into people because at one point I heard L. exclaim, "I made Abraham Lincoln!" I haven't heard anymore about Mr. Lincoln, so I don't quite know what to make of that.


L. hard at work.

But back to those children who are not quite as adept at creating and doing huge plans. There were a couple of crafts that I had planned for last school year that we had never quite gotten around to. Since I had the supplies, I decided that it made sense to do them and occupy the masses all at the same time. 

Today's project was to paint Japanese fish wind socks.



Here are some of the fish that are drying. They will still need to be folded in half and reinforced at the end that is attached to the string. I'll take a picture of all of them when they are dry and finished.



In adoption news, our home study arrived in the mail today and I overnighted it to USCIS this afternoon. Pray that we receive a speedy approval.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain