The reality of reality

Other than the jet lag, the downside of coming home is scheduling doctor's appointments, which is what took up most of the morning and involved both me and J. Among our accomplishments...


  • Scheduling basic physicals with the pediatrician, which involved creating two new charts and having the familiar discussion of why I need an interpreter present when my English is so good.
  • Beginning the search for a new neurologist who a) has experience with linear nevus sebaceous syndrome and b) whom I can work with. (The translation of that is, a doctor who will actually listen to me and not discount my not-so-crackpot ideas.)
  • Starting to schedule the next round of treatment for K. and his clefting
  • Taking A. to the orthopedic surgeon and scheduling arthroscopic surgery to fix the torn cartilage in her knee.
Next week will be a lot of fun. 

And as not-interesting as all of this is, trust me when I say, it makes far better reading than a blow-by-blow account of the terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day that has been happening here. I'll leave it at, settling into a new reality is difficult for all parties and the fatigue of the new is starting to kick-in in full force. 

Is it bedtime yet?

Comments

Jayview said…
I think that in the US your books of "Alexander's terrible horrible very bad day" say "some days are like that, even in Australia?" They sure are, but our copies say "some days are like that, even in Timbuktu". I wonder what they say in Timbuktu? I hope this is a cheering thought somehow.
I love reading your blog (though only have a jayvue Instagram and Jayview Redbubble site myself). But I have just finally given up on trying to get my Word Press comments to work and have reset my lost Google password, so apologies for mostly "lurking". Jean
thecurryseven said…
Jean -- You don't know how happy this makes me to hear about the Australian version of Alexander. Over the years I and many of my children have wondered out loud if the Australian copies of the book use Australia, since that wouldn't make much sense. Timbuktu is perfect. Thank you so much for sharing!! I can't wait to tell some of the my children.

e
Jayview said…
So glad you enjoyed hearing this. We assumed they all said Timbuktu - until we visited friends in Wales/Cymru in the 1990s and found their copy ended "even in Australia".
I am rereading Tove Jansson's Moomintroll books. I've always loved them though am noticing they are rather apocalyptic - certainly feature climate change! Do your folk like them?
Jean
grtlyblesd said…
Oh, we've so been there with batches of appointments! In the last week and a half we've done 2 dental appointments, the pediatrician, the ophthalmologist, and 2 appointments with the endodontist. BUT I'm not fighting jet lag and acclimatizing 2 new children to the household, so I'll try to remind myself of that silver lining as I head off to Shriners for 2 more appointments this coming week.

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain