The family with theater in its blood

Well, except for me and a couple of my other children. The rest? Well, many of them live and breath theater. J.'s parents were actors. J. acted in college and did improv after college. Many of J.'s siblings are actors or did large amounts of theater. M. was a theater major and B. has done many shows in college. L.'s whole life is dramatic theater. And D.? D. loves theater... and musicals... and magic. He is never so happy as when he is on stage. Which is why he has been so happy this week, because he has spent all day, every day in the theater for tech for The Music Man. D. is playing the lead and loving every minute of it.

You really need to click on the link and see the cast in action. I tried and tried to embed it in this post, but the technology was beyond me. So humor me and take the time and effort to click on the link. Once you're on the Thin Ice Theater Facebook page, you will need to scroll down to the video to watch it. (I know, it's a lot of effort.)

And you should come see the show the weekend if you are in the area.

There are some other perks to being the parent of theater-types. M. (when she is not working her day job) is a theater prop designer. And sometimes I score goodies, such as this:


Hand-painted.


In just the right size for my morning coffee.


Just kidding. Even I don't drink that much coffee in the morning. For a peek at other theater-type-stuff M. has designed you can head over to the Flying Tadpole Facebook page and take a look.

Comments

Rebecca said…
So fun! My sister and I were in our high school plays and loved it. Thanks for a taste of that world again. Hope my kids at least want to try it someday. My oldest isn't quite 5, so we've got awhile.

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach