Happy 13th Birthday, D.!

Today is D.'s 13th birthday, though we celebrated it last Saturday. H. and K. started church camp yesterday and both were a little upset at the thought of missing a birthday celebration.

Strawberry pie for dessert and TM holding the '13' candles.

Gift opening

A book! I love R.'s reaction.

Other than books, D. asked for many decks of cards. To do magic tricks with, you know. 

What was going on on the other side of the room.

Y. worked very hard and made D. a crown.

And some picture from church camp drop-off.

H.

K.

And the non-campers spending some time looking at fish and bugs in the lake.

Today, we started off D.'s real birthday with donuts and (my plan, at least) a movie at the theater because I thought the summer dollar movies were on Mondays and Tuesdays. Thus, we loaded up everyone with the promise of a movie. But...

we got to the theater and I had read the webpage wrong. Movies are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. No movie today. Which is why at approximately 10:20 this morning you would have seen me walking down the street with two very disappointed and sobbing 7 year olds. We went home, found a movie on Netflix, made some popcorn and redeemed the rough start. We'll have to see what else we can do to make D.'s day special. Give him a balloon and then pop it? Eat all of the rest of the leftover strawberry pie? So many possibilities... I'll have to think about it. (You all know I'm joking, right? Things are just fine here now and D. is enjoying his day.)

Happy Birthday, my dear D.! I love you!! You are kind and caring and a joy to have around. I am amazed at all of your talent and love seeing what you'll do next. I love you and am so proud of you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain