Ojo de Dios

We're almost done with our visit to Mexico, and today we were due to make a craft. I decided that making Ojo de Dios, or God's Eyes, were just about perfect for my crew. While we made them, we also listened to music from Mexico. I think the whole thing was a huge success.

L.

G., with R. and Y. in the background

Y. and G.

H., with G. in the background

Y.

L., with K. in the background

K.

Here are some of the finished ones.

It turned out that many of the children enjoyed it so much that they continued to create God's Eyes all afternoon, H. and K. in particular. Between the two of them, I think they made over 20. 

My tip for doing this, is to use variegated yarn. You get the change of colors without having to stop and start different colors of yarns. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
They make great Christmas tree ornaments.

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach