Christmas posts

Since today is December 1, with the season of Advent starting just a few days from now (really, it's not Advent yet, even though it  has felt a though it must have been some sort of Christmas season since before Halloween), I though I would gather a few old Christmas related posts together in one place for you. I write prolifically, and it can be very difficult to find things, so something I like to put posts together for easier reading. Be sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom, even if you aren't going to click on anything.

First, some posts having to do with potential gifts. I'm sure I am not the only one who still needs to do some significant work in that area.

New Games

Homemade Gifts

Miniature Braided Wreath Tutorial

A couple of posts on Christmas books:

Christmas Books

A Christmas Read Aloud

And some of Christmas music:

Music, Always Music

Sing With Your Children, Part 2

Then I have to throw in some random family-related posts, mainly because everyone is so very little in them.

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

It's a Wonderful Life

Christmas Preparations or... Baby Jesus Found!

Hey, Look, I Made a Camel!

The 12 Days Before Christmas

God Shows Up

And finally, some general thoughts about Christmas and the season.

Mary was not a Teenager

Love Came Down

Comfort and Joy

Making Room in the Inn

Advent and the Liturgical Calendar

and finally, the post you should read, even if you don't click on any of the others.

Have You Fought With This Mercy You Don't Understand?

I love this song so much, I'm going to link to it here, as well. Not only do the words speak to me about the conflicted nature of Christmas, but I think it could very well be the therapeutic parent's theme song. When parenting hurt children, mercy, God's mercy, takes on a slightly different hue, that is not always comfortable. I fight with this mercy I don't understand a lot.

Listen.


Comments

thecurryseven said…
And sorry for any confusion since today is NOT December 1. Evidently I'm more scattered than I think I am.

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach