Doing a little exploring

You know you have reached a better place when you feel as though life is stable and normal enough to start really exploring where you live. This all says a lot more about my own personal band width, because I'm sure my children would have been happy to do this a long time ago.

Earlier this week we met some other homeschoolers for a hike at a local forest preserve. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this particular forest preserve was way cooler than I think of when I think forest preserve. And the best part? It's only 15-20 minutes from our house. (You'll know immediately that I did not take these photos... TM gets the credit.)















A shallow river for wading... trails to explore... large grassy ares next to the river for picnics... everyone is very excited to come back for a longer time and have a picnic.
____________
To help out my documentary making friend, I'll share her big news. Jamie Lee Curtis has agreed to help her promote the documentary and help raise funds. Ms. Curtis has agreed to share autographed copies of her book, Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born, to certain Kickstarter donation levels. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain